Hi, I'm Christy Batta!
I am a graphic designer and branding expert for nonprofits and businesses doing good work for others.
My mission is to help clients make a fantastic first, second & third impression. Through our partnership, we'lll translate your big ideas into a design voice that connects with people who need what you offer.
I believe design isn't just about the typefaces and the colors, but also creating a visual voice that people can recognize and trust. I love helping you craft a powerful first impression at “hello” but then making sure you are speaking the same language after that first “hello”, too.
Hire me if you want someone who feels as if they’re a partner on your team. I listen to your ideas so you feel heard and understood. Then we work together to create a design that supports your bigger vision.
Why I do what I do
I love hearing your story so I can incorporate it into a design that really speaks to what you do. My favorite projects are the ones where I can see where our points of view came together to make something new we each wouldn't have made on our own. I love building positive creative partnerships with my clients so we can stay motivated and inspired to do our good work!
I would love to speak with you about your design needs and ideas! Let's get in touch!
- My friend Amina Ahmad & I co-organize the Unofficial Hand Lettering Society of Silver Spring to build community and spread creativity through hand lettering.
- While I was at Savannah College of Art and Design my clock design was selected for mass production in their student product design line.
- I love collecting kitschy dream catchers and even wrote my MFA thesis about them.
- I volunteer on the leadership team for the Silver Spring Timebank, a grassroots community organization for sharing time, skills and resources.
- One of my most favorite hobbies is thrift shopping! I have avid thrift shoppers on both sides of my family so hunting for the great hidden treasures is basically in my genes.